Workshops and Masterclasses
Scaling Social Enterprises Globally
Mr. Mahankali Srinivas Rao, CEO,
Since the Covid-19 pandemic took hold, companies across the globe have had to adapt their business models to overcome profound disruptions. Hence, Going global in this ever-changing landscape and adaptability is the key. Today, Social entrepreneurs need to prioritize, define, monitor, and measure the challenges they experience to pivot their business models and look for global exposure to grow and survive their businesses.
The masterclass will guide social enterprises on the benefits of expanding globally at an early stage with the support of proper guidance through collaborations with various ecosystem enablers.
Key Insights from the session
Here are the insights and key takeaways from the session:
1. The rise of Social Enterprise in India.
2. The challenges of scaling social enterprises.
3. Preparing startup at an early stage for international markets-
- Introduction to understanding the global market.
- Using the design-thinking process to upgrade your product that can scale in different markets.
4. Internationalization strategies of startups
- Curating meaningful collaborations to help expand your market
5. Current market expansion best practices
- Phase 1: Prioritize and select markets
- Phase 2: Craft market entry strategy in partnership with innovation hubs/ecosystem enablers
- Phase 3: Execute the plan and be agile to pivot whenever required.
Target audience- Startups, Investors, Young Entrepreneurs
About the Facilitator
Mr. Mahankali Srinivas Rao
Mahankali Srinivas Rao (MSR) joins T-Hub as Chief Executive Officer in October 2021. An accomplished serial entrepreneur, MSR has built and scaled businesses across geographies over his 33-year stint in the IT industry. At T-Hub, MSR is committed to positioning the organisation to become a stronger innovation ecosystem enabler with high-quality outcomes. To achieve these aims, he will be focused on fund-raising initiatives, higher valuations, robust employment generation and building scale through active community engagement. He wants to raise the bar on innovation to ensure T-Hub transforms Telangana into a leader in innovation.
Before T-Hub, MSR served as CEO of GAME (Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship), a social impact entity, where he was responsible for the implementation of the organisation’s programs and expansion plans in its mission to catalyse 10 million mass entrepreneurs by 2030. His areas of focus included rigorous program evaluation, fundraising, communications and actively engaging with key stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem. Earlier, he co-founded Aujas in 2008, with seed funding from IDG Ventures, with a vision to help organisations manage risk and enhance information value through innovation and excellence. He drove the Aujas exit to NSEIT, a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of National Stock Exchange. MSR was part of the promoter team at Network Solutions(Netsol) which he helped scale from a early stage entity to being among India’s top 3 Network Integration entities before its acquisition by IBM in October 2005. At the start of his career, MSR also worked at Sonata, Computer Vision Labs and Microland.